Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Saturday Night at the Dinosaur Stomp!

My boys loved Dinosarus when they were little!
In fact, this picture reminds me of my boys in so many ways,
especially when they were supposed to be getting ready.
I would send them into the bathroom and the games would begin.
The same thing happened . . .
EVERY TIME!
They would goof off, wrestle, and tackle each other
even amist my constant reminding.
"Brush your teeth, comb your hair, stop touching him,
let go of your brother RIGHT NOW, get ready . . . pleeeaase!"
I felt like an auctioneer!
I finally found something that worked for the boys and for me.
SATURDAY NIGHT AT
THE DINOSAUR STOMP
was a fun upbeat song. 
The boys LOVED IT!
I noticed that the song lasted about as long as it would take for
my boys to do everything in their GET READY BOXES.
The song became our
"Get Ready Song"
We finally had a solution
that worked and it was FUN too!
When it was time for the boys to wake up for school
I would just turn on the music and wait for them
to race to the bathroom to get ready.
Mornings in my house became
a lot less stressful and tons more fun.
We were actually on time . . . at least 85% of the time!
(Being completely prompt is still a work in progress.)
There are a lot of songs out there that have a good beat.
Find one that gets everybody up and going
and give it a try!
Oh, and if you're wondering who the
WINNER
for
Tuesday's Twenty-A-Day Challenge Is:
It's Mel Blocks!!!
WaHOOOOOO you did it.
Send me your address and I'll send you your PRIZE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such GREAT ideas. I'm going to
go find a song right now. And another 20 items
gone. Just enjoying this challenge. Thanks Tricia!
from California

Trilce said...

jajaja, ok, it is the same the story in my house with mi kids. Thank you so mucho for this idea!! I love your blog, and i told everybody about it, so you are famous in a Mexican ward, ;)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renee said...

Love all your ideas!! You are AMAZING!!! 20 more things gone at my house!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank YOU!!!!!