Monday, January 9, 2012

The January 2012 Newsletter is HERE!

This big fella
should have been posted in December...
but because of the lovely virus' I downloaded
none of the pages I created were actually saved to my
external hard-drive!  I'm still trying to find out where
they ended up!  I have Backblaze and that should
have saved everything, but the virus seemed to do a lot
of rerouting! Patience must be something this
ole' girl needs to learn!
Anyway... I am in the process of retyping
EVERYTHING all over again!
No worries though,
I kept a rough-draft of everything so it
shouldn't take as long as it did the first time!
YAY!?!
Here's the Newsletter for December:
Page 1
Page 2
Here's the PDF:
Revised PDF:
I changed the newsletter a little after the storm
we had.  The focus on the revised newsletter is
Heat and Light instead of Water.
The change only affected page 1.
Each Newsletter will include:
Words from the Prophet's and Apostles
A Food Storage Focus for the Month
A Safety Check
A Back to the Basics Challenge
The Primary Theme and Scripture
Vital Records Assignments
Purchase Recommendations
as well as
A Dry Pack Cannery Ingredient Information Page
and Recipes to go along with that ingredient!
The goal is to...
JUST TO SOMETHING EVERYDAY!
It doesn't have to be big or cost money!
Learn how to cook with your food storage.
Gather the supplies you already have around the house
Put things in order.
Make a plan for different emergencies
and practice with your family.
Hold regular family prayer and study the scriptures.
Attend the Temple.
Doing something everyday...
no matter how big or small is better than the
worry that comes from doing nothing
and hoping for the best!

2 comments:

Kessiah Kitty Katniss said...

This is wonderful, I'm a long distance fan of your blog. I look forward to this newsletter this year...it will give me some weekly goals to accomplish to help us get more prepared! Thanks for all your work!

kimber said...

thanks so much! I printed this off today to use it in our discussion at FHE!